- A decorative hanging light with branches for several light bulbs or candles.More example sentences
- It used to light up a room better than a crystal chandelier that used thirty light bulbs.
- The light from candlelit chandeliers cast a soft and erratic glow upon her skin.
- A hundred strings and chains dangled candle lamps and small chandeliers at about ten foot.
mid 18th century: from French, from chandelle 'candle', from Latin candela, from candere 'be white, glisten'.
More definitions of chandelierDefinition of chandelier in:
- The British & World English dictionary