Definition of chandlery in English:
noun (plural chandleries)
1The warehouse or store of a chandler.
- The days fly by with prolific shopping trips to outdoor equipment specialists, chemists, chandleries, map shops and book stores.
- The businesses related to these sectors like taxi drivers, grocery stores, day charters and chandleries will suffer as well.
- Numerous suppliers like Budget Marine and Marine Warehouse, plus smaller chandleries, make a boater's life ashore slightly easier.
1.1Goods sold by a chandler.
- Frankie Byrne is the local of supplier of nets and chandlery in the area.
- They supplied crab pots and general chandlery.
- He now runs a successful net and chandlery business with the assistance of his wife Rita as secretary.
Words that rhyme with chandlerykilocalorie • diablerie
Definition of chandlery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.