(also channel catfish)
Definition of channel cat in English:
A common North American freshwater catfish that has a pale blue to olive back with dark spots.
- Ictalurus punctatus, family Ictaluridae
- The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.
- Another characteristic of channel catfish is the ability to hear sounds.
- Researchers have identified naturally occurring antibiotics in channel catfish that may be a promising indicator for monitoring fish health in the expanding aquaculture industry nationwide.
Definition of channel cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan