An edible woodland mushroom with a yellow funnel-shaped cap and a faint smell of apricots, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Cantharellus cibarius, family Cantharellaceae, class Basidiomycetes
More example sentences
- The chanterelle owes its yellow colour to carotene, which yields vitamin A, and also contains vitamin D.
- Wild ceps and chanterelles appear in abundance all over Scotland between August and October if the weather conditions are right, which they certainly are at the moment.
- Between the roots of the oaks in her garden, chanterelles were to be found, with truffles if one were to dig a little and was lucky.
Definition of chanterelle in:
- The British & World English dictionary