Definition of chanting goshawk in English:
A long-legged African hawk with pale gray upper parts, throat, and breast, noted for its prolonged musical fluting call delivered from a treetop perch.
- Genus Melierax, family Accipitridae: three species
- He was an exceptional guide, able simultaneously to drive a 4WD vehicle, identify a juvenile pale chanting goshawk and relate a children's story about why warthogs run with their tails held erect.
- This town is also the area where the most abundant numbers of pale chanting goshawks are to be found.
- Along with these come the exotic birds of prey such as greater kestrels and pale chanting goshawks.
Definition of chanting goshawk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.