Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of chaology in English:
noun[mass noun] Physics
The study of chaotic systems.
- Yet their treatment from a quantum point of view - a subject called quantum chaology - proves to be problematic.
- In the lecture some concepts of the emerging science of chaology are illustrated by means of a simple machine.
- The new, interdisciplinary subfield of quantum chaology studies semiclassical, but nonclassical phenomena in quantal systems whose classical counterparts exhibit the transition to chaotic dynamics.
- Example sentences
- Both of these clues should help quantum chaologists zero in on the one system that will prove the Riemann hypothesis.
- Legend has it that a group of early chaologists in Santa Cruz would sit in cafes looking for strange attractors through the window.
- Fractal scientists and chaologists, in contrast, operate from the assumption that natural systems are necessarily nonlinear, dynamic, and disordered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.