- The branch of mathematics that deals with complex systems whose behavior is highly sensitive to slight changes in conditions, so that small alterations can give rise to strikingly great consequences.More example sentences
- Their research is among the earliest in large parameter theory and played a role in the development of the modern theory of dynamical systems and chaos theory.
- It is a straightforward popular science treatment of the mathematics and science behind chaos theory.
- Yet recent breakthroughs in chaos theory and quantum mechanics, for example, also suggest that the workings of the universe cannot be predicted with absolute precision.
More definitions of chaos theoryDefinition of chaos theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary