Definition of charcoal burner in English:
1A small stove using charcoal as fuel.
- When Chan Wing-yun and his two school friends headed out to an island retreat off Hong Kong recently, they carefully sealed the windows of their rented room and lit a charcoal burner.
- A short walk, which was perfumed by wood-smoke, led us to a small clearing where the charcoal burner was situated.
- This is a huge wedge of cheese melted on a charcoal burner at your table.
2A person who makes charcoal.
- This piece was inspired by a cautionary fairy tale of 1826 about a humble charcoal burner who trades his human heart for money and a heart of stone.
- It turns to the countryside, narrating a poignant family conflict centered on Mohammad's widowed father, Hashem, a peasant farmer and charcoal burner.
- The city fathers must adopt new methods to levy the charcoal burners, motorists, fishmongers, vendors and all those engaged in economic activities.
Definition of charcoal burner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan