Definition of charlock in English:
A wild mustard with yellow flowers, commonly found as a weed in fields and along roadsides.
- Brassica kaber (or Sinapis arvensis), family Brassicaceae
- At one test site, researchers found a GM version of the common weed charlock growing in the field, the year after the GM trial.
- Chickweed, charlock (yellow flowers) and runch (white flowers) plants are now big enough to cause some concern.
- In California, the cultivated radish, Raphanus sativus, and the jointed charlock, R. raphanistrum, have completely merged.
Old English cerlic, cyrlic, of unknown origin.
Definition of charlock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan