Definition of chart-topping in English:
(Of a popular singer, group, or recording) having reached the top of the music charts.
- However, don't for a moment underestimate his huge talent as a chart-topping singer with a sweet melodic voice, excellent songsmith skills and a more than capable guitarist.
- Joining Aled and Pam to count down the nation's favourite carols are chart-topping singer Katherine Jenkins and world-famous classical soloist Andrea Bocelli.
- The tickets enabled Clare and a friend to meet the band after the Wembley show on Saturday, when the chart-topping group announced they would be splitting up after five years
- Example sentences
- Their latest offering ‘Duur’ is a chart-topper in India as well as Pakistan.
- Every year he returns with a rock-out chart-topper, an epic ballad and a couple of annoyingly-catchy, quirkily-worded ditties.
- It is a testament to the impact of 2003's album Elephant that they should become chart-toppers.
Definition of chart-topping in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan