1A telephone service that allows conversation among a number of people who call into it separately.
- In 1989, the company banned telephone chatlines after discovering people were becoming addicted to them.
- Thankfully, when telephone chatlines first emerged, age was against me.
- He moved to Wiltshire a few months later after meeting the mother of the four-year-old girl through a telephone chatline.
1.1The access to, or connection with, a chat room.
- I understand she's formed a chat line between all the medics on board the boats so they can know if there are any problems, which is very good.
- A parliamentary chat line could be established.
- I think they met on some computer chat line last month or so.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.