- Counterbalancing influences by which an organization or system is regulated, typically those ensuring that political power is not concentrated in the hands of individuals or groups.More example sentences
- The current system provides good checks and balances that ensure distribution is transparent and fair.
- He sees the role of unions as limited to providing checks and balances within a capitalist democracy.
- To ensure the latter, the constitutional system is full of checks and balances.
More definitions of checks and balancesDefinition of checks and balances in:
- The British & World English dictionary