A large spotted cat found in Africa and parts of Asia. It is the fastest animal on land.
- Acinonyx jubatus, family Felidae
More example sentences
- Some of the animals highlighted in the photographs include lions, cheetahs, rhinos, hippos, giraffes and chimpanzees.
- Here, in open vehicles, accompanied by rangers and trackers, you are virtually guaranteed close-ups of lions, leopards and cheetahs, and possibly even wild dogs.
- I don't rightly know how these panthers and cheetahs and tigers came to inhabit the park in the first place.
Definition of cheetah in:
- The British & World English dictionary