Definition of chemiluminescence in English:
The emission of light during a chemical reaction that does not produce significant quantities of heat.
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence can be employed as an analytical tool.
- Natural sources of chemiluminescence include fireflies, glow-worms and a variety of bacteria and fungi.
- The amount of chemiluminescence is proportional to the quantity of the amplified product.
- Example sentences
- Because the emission of radiation involves a loss of energy, chemiluminescent reactions must be exothermic.
- The chemiluminescent reactions found in living organisms are called bioluminescence.
- Due to the chemical processes involved, the ability of species to fine-tune the spectra of the chemiluminescent reaction is itself limited.
Definition of chemiluminescence in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan