- A woman’s undergarment similar to a camisole, typically worn so as to be visible beneath an open-necked blouse or dress.More example sentences
- Similarly, the collar of the woman's chemisette is typical of the period 1848-52, as are the narrow undersleeves.
- During the 19th Century the chemisette goes in and out of style which makes exact dating difficult.
- A set of undersleeves and a chemisette with collar would have been worn under the bodice.
early 19th century: French, diminutive of chemise.
More definitions of chemisetteDefinition of chemisette in:
- The British & World English dictionary