Definition of chemist in English:
1An expert in chemistry; a person engaged in chemical research or experiments.
- The first person to appreciate the meaning of such experiments was the English chemist and physicist Henry Cavendish.
- One researcher with perhaps the greatest reason to hope for success in producing silicon was the English chemist and physicist Humphry Davy.
- Take for example vinegar, more formally known to chemists as acetic acid, CH 3 COOH.
2British A drugstore.
- Residents in Sholing have collected almost 600 signatures on a petition to save the sub post office and chemist in Butts Road.
- The fear is that supermarkets will take advantage of this to price the smaller High Street chemist out of the market, which may be good news for cost-conscious consumers but bad news for the most vulnerable members of society.
- A Yorkshire woman was refused a morning-after pill from the country's largest chemist after staff objected for ‘personal and religious reasons’.
- A radical shake-up of the pharmacy industry, allowing chemists trained abroad to open up businesses here, will be recommended to Health Minister later this week.
- As any chemist will tell you, the dose makes the poison.
- The struggle to find a locum pharmacist to cover their absence has meant chemists in the region are working longer and harder to service the community.
Definition of chemist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan