Definition of cherry tomato in English:
A spherical miniature tomato. The fruit is glossy red, or occasionally yellow, and typically eaten in salad.
- Many varieties, in particular Lycopersicon lycopersicum cerasiforme
- Spearing a cherry tomato with my fork, I said to the old man, ‘No.’
- Well, Kevin's got something up his sleeve - and I think it's a cherry tomato.
- Loaded with vitamin C, this sugary, grape-size version of the cherry tomato was first cultivated in China.
Definition of cherry tomato in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan