- A form of the mineral andalusite containing carbonaceous inclusions that cause some sections of the mineral to show the figure of a cross.More example sentences
- Andalusite is orthorhombic, crystallizing as elongate square prisms which at low temperature have a conspicuous cross-shaped arrangement of dark inclusions giving the variety chiastolite.
- The chiastolite crystals are as much as 0.15 mm. in diameter, and twice as much in length.
- In the physical realm, chiastolite is used for healing rheumatism, blood disorders, veins, blood circulation, balance of blood pressure (high or low), lactation (breast milk) and rheumatism.
early 19th century: from Greek khiastos 'arranged crosswise' + -lite.
More definitions of chiastoliteDefinition of chiastolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary