Definition of chicken feed in English:
1Food for poultry.
- In this instance, the dioxin source was traced to contaminated animal fats that had been added to chicken feed and other animal feedstuffs.
- Paradoxically, the factory was used to develop revolutionary chicken feed to increase the weight of chickens with greater, industrial efficiency.
- She picked up the bag of chicken feed and started tossing it about to the chickens that had gathered about her feet.
1.1 informal An insignificant amount of money: the pay was chicken feed for the work I put in
More example sentences
- Surely it's not for the £500,000 paid for the serialisation rights - pure chicken feed to Britain's richest footballer.
- If the member calls $20 million chicken feed, then the Government should be paying the extra $16 million.
- But that absolutely is chicken feed compared to the numbers that will be paid through a highly negotiated collective arrangement.
Definition of chicken feed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan