Definition of chickpea in English:
1A round yellowish seed, used widely as food. Also called garbanzo.
- Cut back and focus on getting more of your protein from vegetables like chickpeas and lima beans.
- The soup is packed with healthy ingredients like garlic, carrots, chickpeas, and corn.
- Almonds, walnuts, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas and sunflower seeds are healthy options.
2The leguminous Old World plant which bears chickpeas.
- Cicer arietinum, family Leguminosae
- The pods in the spaced chickpea plants were fully exposed to light for most of the day.
- A different mineral nutrient solution was applied to each of four groups of chickpea plants from the time of transplanting to the sand mixture (7 d after imbibition).
- The chickpea is a delicate, graceful plant that branches near the ground and is usually about 2 feet high.
Definition of chickpea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan