Definition of chickweed in English:
A small plant of the pink family with deeply cleft white petals, often growing as a garden weed and sometimes eaten by poultry.
- Stellaria, Cerastium, and other genera, family Caryophyllaceae: several species, including common chickweed (S. media), with smooth leaves and stems, and mouse-ear chickweed (C. vulgatum), with hairy leaves and stems
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- On the opposite extreme, shallow-rooted ground cover weeds such as ground ivy and chickweed help prevent erosion and prevent soil crusting when dry.
- Again, this is a place to include uncultivated herbs such as dandelion, chicory, chickweed, malva, watercress, nettles and mustard greens.
Words that rhyme with chickweedknapweed • seaweed
Definition of chickweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.