Definition of chiffon in English:
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- Silk and chiffon are the hottest fabrics for brides.
- The fabrics used for women had cotton, linen, silk and chiffon, while those for men had velvet and denim.
- Robin has played with a few ideas to replace it, including a banana chiffon cake, which she runs as specials to see if they'll generate interest.
- Today I made spice & tea chiffon cake from a cookbook by Makiko Fujino (in Japanese).
- The problem was, I didn't own a chiffon cake pan.
Mid 18th century (originally plural, denoting trimmings or ornaments on a woman's dress): from French, from chiffe 'rag'.
This word was originally used in the plural, for trimmings or ornaments on a woman's dress. It is from French, from chiffe ‘rag’.
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.