1The action or skill of looking after children.
- What is it about men and their utter inability to cope with the normal minutia of child care?
- The magazines can help a woman or man become a better parent by reading about child care.
- While women may know most about child care and home hygiene, men may make budget decisions.
1.1The care of children by a day-care center, babysitter, or other provider while parents are working.
- There is much confusion about the type of childcare services available to parents.
- There are several different childcare options available to parents returning to work.
- Many agree that the government needs to invest more in parental leave and quality childcare.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: child care
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.