nounUS • informal
- 1Idle chatter.More example sentences
- That's so much chin music to you, who is wondering what to do.
- Such punchiness is what Roth is commemorating - the hardheaded chin music of the grand old comrades.
- ‘You expect a bit of chin music when you come to these parts,’ said Michael.
- 2 Baseball Used to refer to a pitched ball that passes very close to the batter’s chin: Clemens delivered some wicked chin music to HernandezMore example sentences
- Hurlers like Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson will go up higher because they have the control to play chin music without hitting the batter (for the most part) and the chutzpah to try.
- When the Rocket retires and becomes a Hall of Famer, he will become the last of a dying breed of pitchers who aren't afraid to throw a little chin music and stare down the batter.
- St Louis not only worked all their baseball stuff to win, but they used all the chin music within reach.
More definitions of chin musicDefinition of chin music in:
- The British & World English dictionary