(also chinar tree)
Definition of chinar in English:
The oriental plane tree, native from southeastern Europe to northern Iran.
- Platanus orientalis, family Platanaceae
- Abbottabad had avenues and groves, which contained magnificent trees of horse chestnuts, cedars, pines, chinar, camphor, elm, ash, mahogany, walnut to name a few, and shrubs of alpine nature.
- Huge dark chinars and smaller magnolias, with their large, fragrant loose-petalled flowers, stand alongside the paths.
- Returning from Sangrama, Sikka was driving when they passed the chinar tree: driving, and thus further from bike and tree than his mate in the passenger seat.
From Persian chinār.
Definition of chinar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.