Definition of chinchilla in English:
1A small South American rodent with soft gray fur and a long bushy tail.
- Genus Chinchilla, family Chinchillidae: two species, in particular C. lanigera
- The Rodentia also includes beavers, muskrats, porcupines, woodchucks, chipmunks, squirrels, prairie dogs, marmots, chinchillas, voles, lemmings, and many others.
- The rodent also seems to be an ancestor of the hystricognaths, a group of rodents that is spread across the globe and includes porcupines, African mole rats, guinea pigs, and chinchillas.
- The first stop allows youngsters to feed the deer and sheep, then the party moves onwards to stroke the ducks and, finally, to feed the rabbits, rats, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters and terrapins.
1.1A cat or rabbit of a breed with silver-gray or gray fur.
- There were also separate standards for shaded silvers, chinchillas and tortoiseshells.
- He was surely the reason why I remained in grade school and failed to earn millions by raising mushrooms, breeding chinchillas or stuffing envelopes at home.
- The five cats include three pedigrees - a silver tipped chinchilla and two Persians - a tabby and white cat and grey cat.
1.2The highly valued fur of the chinchilla, or of the chinchilla rabbit.
- The rest are farmed furs, such as chinchilla or mink.
- Phillip buys Barry and Sean chinchilla rabbits, but Barry and Sean reciprocate with ponies, jodhpurs and black velvet jackets for Daphne and Chloe.
- Enter Torre, 5,000 square feet of everything from white T-shirts to chinchilla furs for big guys.