1A collapsible paper lantern.
- There are also a variety of lanterns, including multi-colored Chinese lanterns, which create a festive, vintage mood.
- It's as good as that Sargent painting of the girls lighting Chinese lanterns in a garden.
- There will be an exhibition informing all about paper such as paper history and technology, workshops on paper recycling, examples of Japanese paper art called Origami, and Chinese lanterns and kites.
2A Eurasian plant with white flowers and globular orange fruits enclosed in an orange-red papery calyx. The stems bearing these are dried and used for decoration.
- Physalis alkekengi, family Solanaceae.
- But I have planted a small Chinese lantern tree in my new garden.
- Use orange Chinese lanterns, bright rosehips, stems of red or orange berries, or chilies.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: Chi·nese lan·tern
Definition of Chinese lantern in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.