- An abrupt high-pitched ringing sound, typically one made by a cash register.More example sentences
- Jess's boss must have heard the ching of the cash register, because she appeared from behind the door again.
- I had finished my crackers and jam and gone back up to my room when I heard the ching of the doorbell and my father's voice and then another man's, though not Uncle Fitz.'s.
- The door closed behind them with a small ching of tiny bells, shutting out the roar of the crowd.
More definitions of chingDefinition of ching in:
- The British & World English dictionary