Definition of chinkara in English:
noun (plural same)
(In South Asia) the Indian gazelle, which occurs from Iran to central India.
- Gazella bennettii, family Bovidae
- The grasslands in the park consist of chinkara (the Indian gazelle), nilgai (the blue bull), chausingha (the four-horned antelope) and wild boar.
- The chinkara scattered into the scrub as we approached but the blackbuck kept appearing and reappearing, leaping across our path as we drove through the desert.
- A Jodhpur Sessions Court has stayed the one-year jail sentence against the Bollywood actor in the chinkara hunting case.
Definition of chinkara in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan