- A strap attached to a hat, helmet, or other headgear, designed to hold it in place by fitting under the wearer’s chin.More example sentences
- Sweat drips from the helmet chinstraps of the engineers who have fitted the demolition charges to the house's steel doors.
- A loose chinstrap allows a helmet to flop around, and thereby leaves you, the user, susceptible to injury in the event of a crash.
- After the ball falls to the grass, Couch angrily unsnaps the chinstrap on his helmet and looks down.
More definitions of chinstrapDefinition of chinstrap in:
- The British & World English dictionary