Definition of chiseled in English:
1(Of wood or stone) shaped or cut with a chisel.
- The aisles and nave of the church are connected by arches which are held up by 18 imposing stone pillars made from well chiselled limestone.
- Although tests on chiselled stones showed that the caves have existed for at least 1,500 years, it was only about 15 months ago that they were first discovered by a local farmer, by accident.
- Armies of gilded statuettes of saintly figures adorned little notches in the chiselled stone walls and framed iconographic pictures hung from any spaces which weren't already occupied.
1.1(Of a facial feature, typically a man’s) strongly and clearly defined: the chiseled features of a male model
More example sentences
- Everyone's favourite hero brings his tanned and chiselled features, facial mole and quite possibly his new girlfriend, Anna Kournikova, to Glasgow.
- With his strongly chiselled features, apart from their eyes and hair, the twins looked almost nothing alike.
- She stared over at him, watched sweat begin to trickle down the side of his clearly chiseled features, slipping across his light brown, tan-colored skin.
Definition of chiseled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia