Definition of chiseled in English:
1(Of wood or stone) shaped or cut with a chisel.
- The aisles and nave of the church are connected by arches which are held up by 18 imposing stone pillars made from well chiselled limestone.
- Although tests on chiselled stones showed that the caves have existed for at least 1,500 years, it was only about 15 months ago that they were first discovered by a local farmer, by accident.
- Armies of gilded statuettes of saintly figures adorned little notches in the chiselled stone walls and framed iconographic pictures hung from any spaces which weren't already occupied.
1.1(Of a facial feature, typically a man’s) strongly and clearly defined: the chiseled features of a male model
More example sentences
- Everyone's favourite hero brings his tanned and chiselled features, facial mole and quite possibly his new girlfriend, Anna Kournikova, to Glasgow.
- With his strongly chiselled features, apart from their eyes and hair, the twins looked almost nothing alike.
- She stared over at him, watched sweat begin to trickle down the side of his clearly chiseled features, slipping across his light brown, tan-colored skin.
Definition of chiseled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.