A common single-celled green alga that lives in water and moist soil and typically has two flagella for swimming.
- Genus Chlamydomonas, division Chlorophyta (or phylum Plantae, kingdom Protista)
More example sentences
- However, the potential of the unicellular green alga chlamydomonas in selection systems has been studied most.
- Chlamydomonas has nothing to do with Chlamydia, by the way.
- The PKA protein in Chlamydomonas flagella has not been purified.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek khlamus, khlamud- 'cloak' + monas (see monad).
Definition of chlamydomonas in:
- The British & World English dictionary