A synthetic viscous toxic compound used as an insecticide.
- A chlorinated derivative of indene; chemical formula: C10H6Cl8
More example sentences
- Aldicarb, aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, lindane, mirex, PCBs, and toxaphene are present in all our country's ecosystems, animals, and humans.
- Organochlorine insecticides include chemicals such as DDT, methoxychlor, heptachlor, chlordane, toxaphene, aldrin, endrin, dieldrin, and lindane.
- Those chemicals are identified in schedule 2 of the legislation as aldrin, chlordane, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene, mirex, toxaphene, polychlorinated biphenyls, and DDT.
More definitions of chlordaneDefinition of chlordane in:
- The British & World English dictionary