- 1A colorless liquid acid with strong oxidizing properties.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HClO3
- Here the two reservoir substances chloric acid and chloride nitrate can react with each other and set free chloride atoms and nitric acid.
- Thus, if the calorimetric determination of Method B seemed attractive but one wished to avoid chloric acid digestion, an ashing procedure such as in Method E could be adapted to it.
- All of this is to justify why NaClO 3 is merely sodium chlorate while HClO 3 gets the exalted name of chloric acid.
- 1.1Any acid containing chlorine and oxygen.More example sentences
- The solid manganese dioxide is then separated from the chloric acid solution containing zinc ions.
- Crystal sodium chlorate from the generator and make-up sodium chlorate are passed through electrolysis cells to produce chloric acid to replace the sulfuric acid feed to the R8 and R11 processes.
More definitions of chloric acidDefinition of chloric acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary