- A colorless, volatile, sweet-smelling liquid used as a solvent and formerly as a general anesthetic.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: trichloromethane; chemical formula: CHCl3
- The methanol extract was evaporated and partitioned with n-hexane, benzene, trichloromethane, ethyl acetate and n-butanol, consecutively.
- In a first step, the two lipids were dissolved in chloroform and the solvent evaporated under vacuum overnight.
- These chemicals were mostly chlorinated solvents such as chloroform.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Render (someone) unconscious with chloroform.More example sentences
- Somebody sneaks in and chloroforms you, or sprays knock-out gas under your door, and while you are comatose and unresisting, your worldly goods are stripped.
- Nothing to report for today, because it's a day of duty - I work at home on Mondays, and since this means chloroforming the baby and locking the dog in the garage, there are no heartwarming tales.
- He chloroformed me’ she continued, and her eyes widened in comprehension as Jackson shot her a furtive glance, then glanced over at the nurse, who was listening to the exchange with interest.
More definitions of chloroformDefinition of chloroform in:
- The British & World English dictionary