- Botany A lower plant of the division Chlorophyta, which comprises the green algae.More example sentences
- The plastids of rhodophytes, chlorophytes, and glaucophytes are surrounded by two membranes and probably directly derived from a cyanobacterial ancestor and are thus called primary plastids.
- The upstream and freshwater sections of these rivers are dominated by an assemblage of chlorophytes, diatoms, and cyanoprokaryotes (cyanobacteria).
- In general, diatoms and chlorophytes had much higher biovolume than cyanobacteria and chrysophytes.
More definitions of chlorophyteDefinition of chlorophyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary