- A synthetic drug used as a tranquilizer, sedative, and antiemetic. It is a phenothiazine derivative.More example sentences
- Treatment of delirium requires use of neuroleptic drugs, such as haloperidol and chlorpromazine, not sedatives.
- He conducted double-blind controlled trials on the important antipsychotic drugs chlorpromazine and haloperidol, and later on antidepressants.
- Isolated instances of such damage have been reported with such drugs as benoxaprofen, chlorpromazine, haloperidol, imipramine, and others.
1950s: from chloro- + prom(eth)azine.
More definitions of chlorpromazineDefinition of chlorpromazine in:
- The British & World English dictionary