- An antibiotic of the tetracycline group, active against many bacterial and fungal infections.
More example sentences
- This antibiotic is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens or produced synthetically
- These include the antibiotics polymyxin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride and neomycin sulfate.
- They include chlortetracycline, erythromycin, neomycin, oxytetracycline, penicillin, and penicillin/streptomycin.
- A team of researchers found that adding miniscule amounts of the antibiotic chlortetracycline to chicken feed would do the trick.
More definitions of chlortetracyclineDefinition of chlortetracycline in:
- The British & World English dictionary