- A fast-growing, shade-tolerant woody twining vine, native to Asia and introduced as an ornamental in the US. It has escaped cultivation and threatens native plants in some woodland habitats.
More example sentences
- Akebia quinata, family Lardizabalaceae
- The chocolate vine climbs thin wires stretched between eye hooks screwed into the fence - a simple way to create an unobtrusive trellis.
- Bamboo was overtaking the eastern side of the property, chocolate vines were growing in the trees, and Honeysuckle was choking Eliza's ancient Crèpe Myrtle.
- Five-leaf akebia, or chocolate vine, is native to southeast Asia.