(also choy sum)
Definition of choi sum in English:
A small Chinese cabbage of a variety with mild-tasting leaves and small edible yellow flowers.
- Brassica rapa variety parachinensis, family Cruciferae
- The heavy sauce contrasted badly with the choi sum, which tasted only of water.
- The choy sum were cooked till soft in a savoury sauce that has hints of orange peel in it.
- Besides sampling specialities like beef choi sum and sha cha chicken, guests were also treated to a colourful lion dance.
Definition of choi sum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.