Definition of choisya in English:
An evergreen Mexican shrub with sweet-scented white flowers, widely grown as an ornamental.
- Choisya ternata, family Rutaceae
- Finding the plants was a problem in a country where the flower palette is either annuals (too high-maintenance) or choisyas, hydrangeas and perhaps the odd gaura, according to Henrietta.
- We have two choisyas - one light green the other dark green - which we chose for the north-facing fence.
- I have a shrub in my garden that I think is choisya.
Named after Jacques D. Choisy (1799–1859), Swiss botanist.
Definition of choisya in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.