Definition of chokecherry in English:
A North American cherry with an edible astringent fruit that is more palatable when cooked.
- Prunus virginiana, family Rosaceae
- They picked wild service berries, choke cherries, and buffalo or bull berries in the fall, and gathered the bark of the cottonwood tree, enjoying its sweet interior.
- Astringency is removed by cooking, and choke cherries make tasty pie-fillings, sauces and wine.
- Picking choke cherries is easy, because they grow in big clusters and your bucket will fill up fast.
Words that rhyme with chokecherrydaredevilry
Definition of chokecherry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan