Definition of choker in English:
1A necklace or ornamental band of fabric that fits closely around the neck.
- Finger-rings and ear-studs, stone necklaces and ornamental chokers, brightly hued bracelets and innovatively shaped pendants are there in rich profusion.
- She makes each piece of her jewellery - chokers, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watchbands - out of literally hundreds of the little suckers.
- Necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, chokers, earrings, and some articles I couldn't have begun to guess at dazzled my vision.
1.1A clerical or other high collar.
- Sorrow and I looked around at the chokers and collars.
- He was eight years old when he and other boys, dressed in their Sunday special outfits of swallow-tail coats with a white choker collar, formed a guard of honour for Mr Thompson before a wonderful tea was served.
Definition of choker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan