- X-ray examination of the gallbladder, especially used to detect the presence of gallstones.More example sentences
- Ultrasonography has replaced cholecystography as the diagnostic test for gall stones.
- In special circumstances, the older method of oral cholecystography is used where one swallows 6 tablets of x-ray contrast material the night before an upper abdominal x-ray.
- Oral cholecystography is used when patients are obese and have a large amount of overlying bowel gas which makes ultrasonography more difficult.
More definitions of cholecystographyDefinition of cholecystography in:
- The British & World English dictionary