- A hormone that is secreted by cells in the duodenum and stimulates the release of bile into the intestine and the secretion of enzymes by the pancreas.More example sentences
- When fatty food passes from the stomach into the intestine, the gall bladder is stimulated to contract by cholecystokinin, a hormone released from the lining of the intestine.
- This helps stimulate the release of cholecystokinin, a hormone that signals the brain to stop eating.
- Proteins and fat (which is usually in high protein low carbohydrate foods) cause your body to release cholecystokinin, a hormone that contributes to the feeling of fullness.
More definitions of cholecystokininDefinition of cholecystokinin in:
- The British & World English dictionary