- A strongly basic compound occurring widely in living tissues and important in the synthesis and transport of lipids.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HON(CH3)3CH2CH2OH
- Found in various forms throughout the body, choline, a member of the vitamin B complex family, is involved in the creation of cell membranes.
- Inside our bodies, the B vitamins folate and choline work in a delicate balance.
- Betaine is produced in the body by oxidation of choline, another trimethylated, methyl-donating compound.
mid 19th century: coined in German from Greek kholē 'bile'.
More definitions of cholineDefinition of choline in:
- The British & World English dictionary