- A compound that is a major constituent of cartilage and other connective tissue. It is a glycosaminoglycan and occurs mainly in the form of sulfate esters.More example sentences
- Sufferers often take a combined tablet with glucosamine and chondroitin and cod-liver oil to help protect the joint lining from further wear.
- Both glucosamine and chondroitin occur naturally in cartilage.
- Some people report that glucosamine and chondroitin raise cholesterol.
More definitions of chondroitinDefinition of chondroitin in:
- The British & World English dictionary