Definition of choreology in English:
The notation of dance movement.
- Though most widely used in ballet companies, choreology has subsequently been evolved to deal with non-classical movement also, and together with Labanotation is the most internationally used system.
- People also ask, ‘Well, why do we need to have choreology, in this day and age of videotape?’
- In that female dominated world of choreology it was indeed rare to find another man who was interested in notation.
- Example sentences
- This new production, staged by Cranko expert Reid Anderson and Benesh choreologist Jane Bourne, featured scenery and costumes by Susan Benson that were borrowed from the National Ballet of Canada and never before seen in New York.
- In 1960 the Royal Ballet became the first company to hire a professional choreologist.
- Caroline Palmer (choreologist) has been with me the whole time on this production notating as I've been choreographing.
Definition of choreology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan