- A test made in early pregnancy to detect congenital abnormalities in the fetus. A tiny tissue sample is taken from the villi of the chorion, which forms the fetal part of the placenta.More example sentences
- Another prenatal test, called chorionic villus sampling, can diagnose most, but not all, of the same birth defects as amniocentesis.
- These options include amniocentesis, early amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and ultrasound examination.
- Women at higher risk of carrying a baby with such conditions may opt for testing procedures like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling.
More definitions of chorionic villus samplingDefinition of chorionic villus sampling in:
- The British & World English dictionary