- Very light pastry made with egg, typically used for eclairs and profiteroles.More example sentences
- Before we had a chance to order, a plate of appetisers arrived: gorgeous salmon cream wrapped in choux pastry and exquisite mozzarella, tomato and basil nibbles - perfect when you're poring over the menu.
- I had set to the task of making approximately 350 small choux pastry shells.
- A number of pastries closely related to éclairs are made from choux pastry.
late 19th century: from choux or chou, denoting a round cream-filled pastry cake (from French chou (plural choux) 'cabbage, rosette', from Latin caulis) + pastry.
More definitions of choux pastryDefinition of choux pastry in:
- The British & World English dictionary